Last year I renovated my bedroom. I did not have any energy to write about this sooner as it has been very busy at work.
But after the window frames were replaced
(in 2012...) this was the time to do it.
As I had some leakages the walls were very bad. I had to remove the old plaster. As a consequense the walls needed to be replasterd
I decided to do it myself. Some reasons for this are that I don't have to take a day off for 'a guy' phoning me on the last moment that he is not able to come. Maybe I should be more thrustwordy...
Plastering is a kind of art and has a steep learning curve. As a result the first part I did did not look that good.
So I studied the art of plastering from a commercial brochure of the local mall. This did the trick and the second part of wall did look much better. As I am a lazy sod and like to leave things as they are I decided that the first part looked fine enough and did not need any redoing.
The second job was to repaint the bedroom. I decided that I wanted to have a 'jungle look'. I painted one wall 'palmgreen', which is really 'green'. As I used granol this was no easy feat as the other walls where white.
Also I applied a bamboo theme glassfoil
to the windows. The first window failed miserable, I had the wrong size and there were lots of airholes left which I could not remove. Using a needle to pop them is an idea but it still will look bad. The trick is to use lots of water. Make the window wet and than apply the foil. Use a stick to remove the water behind it, it sounds contradictory but it really does the trick.
I am very happy with the result. I moved the bed and the closet to their opposite sides and the bedroom looks much better now.
Though it took more effort than I expected I am very pleased with the result.